Bristol Technical Education Center Apprenticeship Program is a formal training program fully approved by the State of Connecticut Department of Labor’s Office of Apprenticeship Training.
The mission of the Connecticut Technical Educational and Career System (CTECS) is to provide a world-class, unique and rigorous learning environment for high school students and adult learners.
The Connecticut Technical Educational and Career System continues to be a leading force in the state providing a unique and rigorous learning environment that focuses on both academic and career technical education and meets the needs of Connecticut’s employers.
Apprenticeship and Extension Courses
Our program provides apprentices with a comprehensive knowledge of their selected career. They learn on the job while working under the supervision of an experienced journey-person and will be registered with an approved sponsor.
Construction Licensed Trade Areas
The Connecticut Technical Educational and Career System Apprenticeship Related Instruction program is fully approved by the CT-DOL Office of Apprenticeship Training in the Licensed Occupational Construction trades.
We provide related instruction for all license categories in the following areas:
- Sheet metal
Manufacturing Trade Areas
The Connecticut Technical Educational and Career System is fully approved to provide related instruction training in all manufacturing related instruction areas. Manufacturing Related Instruction Programs are flexible, both online and instructor-led to offer the best possible approach to interactive learning.
CTECS students taking all coursework required for their license category come out with:
- All related instruction hours needed for their trade area
- Knowledge and skills necessary to get licensed with the CT-DCP
What makes the CTECS Unique?
- The CTECS Curriculum is Fully Approved by the State of Connecticut.
- The CTECS works hand-in-hand with both the CT-DOL-Office of Apprenticeship Training, as well as the CT-DCP Occupational Licensing Departments to ensure coursework taken is viable and what is required for both industry needs, as well as licensure.
- The CTECS utilizes In-House OSHA Instructors.
- CTECS Coursework is available at six convenient locations across the state.
- The CTECS offers Low tuition cost for students, when compared to other schools.
- The CTECS utilizes only CT-DCP licensed instructors with real world experience in the trade they teach.er-
PART-TIME EVENING APPRENTICE AND EXTENSION COURSES:
- Part-Time Adult Education Information Sheet (PDF)
- Part-Time Adult Education Registration Form (PDF) Upon completion, please email form to supervisor(s).
Register for Spring classes: August 27, 28, 29, 30 Sept. 4, 5, 6 Time: 4:30-7:30
Classes start the week of: September 17, 2018 Time: 5:00-8:00 p.m.
Supervisor Contact Information:
Program Phone: 860-584-8433 Ext 380
Brent Davenport - Brent.Davenport@ct.gov
If you are a registered apprentice with a valid state apprentice ID card listing your current employer and are taking a state apprentice program class:
Tuition: $325 per course
Non-refundable Registration Fee: $25
If you are a registered apprentice taking a course outside of your state apprentice program or are not a registered apprentice:
Non-refundable Registration Fee: $25
Certified bank checks or money orders are accepted. No personal checks, cash or credit cards will be accepted. Please make certified bank check or money orders payable to: Treasurer, State of Connecticut
Apprenticeship Information Packets
- Electrical Apprenticeship Information Packet (PDF)
- Heating and Cooling and Sheet Metal Apprenticeship Information Packet (PDF)
- Plumbing Apprenticeship Information Packet (PDF)