Bristol Technical Education Center will give you a real-world advantage in a competitive job market and provide the academic skills needed for post-secondary education. Apply today, and take the first step to pursue a unique technical education!

If you’re interested in applying:

  • Download and print a copy of our admissions application

  • Fill out the first three pages of the application

  • Bring the application to your school counselor

  • They will complete the application and submit it to Bristol TEC

  • If you have any questions please contact Domenica Holman at 860-584-8433 ext 335

Technology Certificate Requirements

Students attend Bristol TEC for the sole purpose of completing one of our six career and technical education programs of study. Academic courses are no longer offered at Bristol TEC. All academic coursework required for high school graduation is completed by the student at his/her sending school. Some districts will allow students to complete their academic requirements on-line, before or after school, and/or over the summer.

In addition, our high school students have opportunities to participate in their sending school’s extra-curricular and athletic activities (contingent upon meeting the eligibility criteria set forth by each sending school). Successful seniors earn a high school diploma from their sending school and a technology certificate from Bristol TEC.

Post Graduates

Students must pass their program of study (60 or better) and complete 900 hours of related instruction in order to receive a Bristol TEC Technology Certificate.

High School:

Students must pass their trade/technology program (60 or better) and complete 720 hours of related instruction in order to receive a Bristol TEC High School Technology Certificate and earn 5 high school credits.

Important Information for Students Applying To BTEC:

Admissions Process and Commonly Asked Questions



High School Student Application (New Students)

Post Graduate Student Application (New Students)

High School Readmission Application (Returning Students)

Post Graduate Readmission Application (Returning Students)

BTEC Transcript Release Form

Accepted Students:

Click here for the Acceptance Package Medical Information Form

Notice for Veterans:

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:

• Prevent the student’s enrollment;
• Assess a late penalty fee to;
• Require student secure alternative or additional funding;
• Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

• Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent) or for Chapter 31, VA VR&E’s contract with the school on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class.